Plumber dies after house explosion
An awful incident happened when a gas or propane leak in the basement ignited at a home northeast of Edmonton. One of the three plumbers who died worked at Wil-Flo Plumbing and Heating. Other workers on the site pulled the injured men from the home before emergency crews arrived.
An Alberta Occupational Health and Safety spokewoman says the 33-year-old man died in hospital this morning. They were identified as 48-year-old Wes Michalycia, his brother Wilfred, who is 42, and their younger cousin, Jason Michalycia of Regina.
Working in the trades like this often carries the threat of grave injury or death so safety must be of paramount importance at all times.
Source: CBC news