Plumbing Inspection Tips
Summer is usually the perfect time to shop around for a new home. With the sun up, it’s the perfect time to inspect and admire perspective new homes. However, home buyers often forget to inspect an integral part of the home. Many new home buyers find out too late that their dream home is riddled with water leakage or a poor plumbing system.
- To check for a “soft floor,” stand straddled over the toilet and rock back and forth on each foot. If the floor feels spongy, it is probably rotting or weakened.
- Check to see how fast the toilet flushes.
- If the home has a basement, check exposed piping for signs of leaking or recent repairs.
- A rusty water tank is a sign of pending problems.
- Survey the inside of cabinets (with a flashlight) for signs of water damage.