Plumbing Tips for the Winter and Holiday Season
The winter season may bring a multitude of plumbing issues that people don’t realize. Big holiday meals, the cold weather and the large number of guest in a home may take a toll on your pipes and faucets. This may result in a gradual buildup of grease, hair, soap and even other things that don’t belong in your plumbing system.
- Avoid pouring fats or cooking oils down the drain.
- Run the dishwasher and washing machine at night or at off times to conserve hot water.
- Never put hard-to-grind, stringy, fibrous waste into the garbage disposer.
- Turn up the water heater slightly to retain hot water.
- Turn on the disposer before adding food debris.
For more of these tips, visit www.rotorooter.com.